Sumathi Narayanan Realty's Blog
There’s no doubt about it, increasingly Americans deal with allergies and allergic reactions that threaten their health, peace of mind, and even their lives. The rate of increase in allergies for children is over 50 percent from 1977 through 2018, and now 1 in 13 children in the United States suffer from allergies.
Roughly 90 percent of the allergic reactions in children come from eight specific foods - eggs, milk, tree nuts, peanuts, soy, wheat, fish, and shell-fish - and require more than a quarter million emergency visit each year.
Add to that increases in pollen and other allergen counts, and you might find that your home is a veritable war zone for those at risk of anaphylaxis. For others, it may just be the constant irritation of the sniffles or post-nasal drip.
What can you do to reduce the allergen load in your home?
Allergen reducing strategies
- Don’t let it in. You can keep food allergens out of your home by carefully shopping and reading labels. Not all food labels are complete, however, so when trying something new, reach out to the manufacturer for more specific advice on their food preparation practices.
- Take it out. Sometimes, when allergens like pollen and dust mites are floating in the air, you can’t avoid letting them in, but you can filter them out. Check to see that your HVAC systems have HEPA filters both for the air going into the system (the return) and the air coming out of the system (the vents). While this may reduce your system’s efficiency a small amount, the reduction of dust and pollen floating around your home will give you peace of mind.
- Filter it. Adding a high-quality air filtration system into your home does even more to improve your air quality. These systems remove dust and pollen, but they also remove odors from cooking, candles, and other scents to which family members might be sensitive. There are dozens of superior air purification systems, so research the one the filters out the most of the things to which you’re allergic.
- Vacuum. In general, regular vacuuming reduces the amount of dust, dirt, pollen, and other allergens, but some are better at it than others. Look for a vacuum with a HEPA filter system that is washable or that your regularly replace for best results.
- Remove carpets, drapes, and heavily textured upholstery since they tend to hold more dust and allergens. Replace carpet with wood floors, drapes with shades or easily washable curtains, and consider leather or vinyl upholstery for your furniture.
When you’re house shopping, make sure your agent knows about your allergy issues. Some homes work better than others when you’re dealing with allergies and other health issues. Your real estate professional can local the perfect home for you and your family.
A bedroom is for relaxing, so the decoration idea of a bedroom should be to relax. Although quite a number of modern bedroom designers will recommend having a sitting area, a king size bedroom, a mini office all in your bedroom, it doesn’t have to be so.
Having a small bedroom can, in fact, be a blessing and help your night sleep. Since space is limited, TV set, videos, etc. that can serve as a distraction to a better night sleep wouldn't have space. Hence, the less you have to do in your bedroom, the better the chance of having a good night's sleep. This, however, doesn't mean that you cannot have a beautiful bedroom.
Here are some excellent small bedroom decoration ideas:
You can add space to your small bedroom when you concentrate only on the essentials. Since the only thing a bedroom must have is a bed, keep other accessories like gadgets, books, and pieces of furniture down.
You can engage in a sleek built in for more storage space. With built-ins, you can maximize storage which gives you plenty of storage space while you get to sleep comfortably.
Mirrors create the illusion of a bigger bedroom. You can be creative with a mirror by identifying the perfect location where it can reflect the natural light from the window. Get a body length mirror and placing it on the wall. You do not have to drill holes, although it is better to secure it with wall tacks if you are worried it will fall.
Add Storage Areas Under the Bed
If you buy a new bed, get a bed with drawers beneath for extra space. If you already have a bed, raise it so that you can use decorative bins underneath for extra space. Milk crates and some other baskets are great, and you can enjoy using them under your bed.
Pressed for space? You can leverage the higher areas available. You can add a platform or a loft with storage in your bedroom. While not everyone may not be able to attempt this, it is good for people who don't mind climbing into their beds.
Invest in Floating Shelves
Floating shelves are an excellent way to solve space issues in a small bedroom. Some floating shelf ideas for small bedroom:
- A bookcase
- A laptop desk
- Replacement for your nightstand etc.
You shouldn’t have to be put off by the fact that you have a small bedroom. With the following decoration ideas, you can get creative and make the best use of it.
The feeling of resentment can happen in a marriage when two people no longer communicate with one another about little issues in the home. This situation can spring up doubts in them, leaving them to wonder if they are still in love with their partner. The only effective way to deal with this is by confronting the problems and finding constructive ways to bring an end to them.
- Confront the Problem. Facing the problem will result in a temporary conflict. Go ahead and deal with it. However, most couples dread confronting issues, for fear of arousing conflict in the home. When you feel angry because of what your spouse did, instead of resenting your partner, why not talk about it? It is better you let it out and face the temporary conflict than allow it to fester into resentment.
- Talk About It. Talk to your partner about how you feel. Communication in this stage matters a lot. Listen to your partner’s concerns and feelings. Talking with them will help you with a way forward. If you both feel helpless to sort it out, then seek professional help. You might need to see a marriage counselor or a therapist who will mediate between you and your partner. In a situation whereby your partner refuses to seek professional help, that shouldn’t deter you from going either. Meeting with the counselor or therapist will guide you on how to solve the issues in your marriage.
- Letting Go. You need to forgive your partner for whatever he or she has done. This is what helps you to move over from a resentful partner to the loving partner you were. When you have forgiven your partner, finally let go of resentment. One common trick to let go is to know that whatever happened is now in the past and as thus, should stay in the past. They shouldn’t have any negative impact on what lies ahead.
- Final Solution. When you have forgiven your partner and have let go of resentment, find time for physical connection. Hug, cuddle, have sex. These activities and gestures help to forget about what has happened finally. Another way to revert to lovebirds is to have more alone time. Go on a picnic. Ride on a Ferris wheel. Behave just like high school lover birds. You will be surprised how the fire of passion can burn bright once again.
Resentment is like a match fire that can destroy a forest if left to persist. Don’t allow resentment in your relationship to escalate into something uncontrollable. Tackle it, once and for all. If you are currently going through bitterness with your partner, take the first step today – confront it now!
Home staging is essential because it makes your house look beautiful to potential buyers. That is, the house will look its absolute best for homebuyers who care to check it out. Home staging helps you to improve the appearance of your home by highlighting the most impressive assets of your home to draw the attention of prospective buyers. If you get the home staging methods right, you will sell your house faster.
It is therefore critical for sellers to dedicate time and effort into staging their home because it comes with many benefits. Moreover, you don't need to spend loads of money on staging; most staging processes are inexpensive to implement, so you don't have to pay a tremendous amount of money to get your house prepared for a sale. Here are some ways to present your home effectively to potential buyers:
Stage where it is necessary
Not all rooms are treated equally as far as home staging is concerned. The idea here is that you should concentrate your home staging efforts on the rooms that have the highest chances of influencing the decision of the buyer and spend less time on places that do not have much significance. You should, however, keep the entire house clean and prepared just in case someone decides to look at every room.
De-personalize the space
One reason for staging is to help the prospective buyer see the house as their own. To achieve this, you should get rid of personal touches that indicate that the house belongs to the seller and not the buyer. To de-personalize the space, remove all framed photos you hang on the walls, do not keep clothes in the open, keep them out of sight and remove all personal items like contact solutions and toothbrushes from the bathroom. When you do it correctly, you are trying to assist the buyer in connecting with your property.
Clutter occupies space and space is one of the factors that make a home sell faster. Therefore, make your home look spacious by taking out everything that is not necessary. Pack them out of the house for the time being and out of the way of potential buyers.
Clean the house thoroughly
An immaculate home suggests to the prospective buyer that the current occupant has a good maintenance culture. So, it is essential that you clean every part of the home thoroughly. Ensure that the entire house is clean and not just a part.
Staging your home is one critical step in the home sale process so be sure to talk to your real estate agent so that you can plan for it properly.
The beauty of your home starts from your lawn. If you intend to keep a beautiful property, then you must take care of your yard. There are several means to care for your lawn, like regularly cutting it to keeping anyone from walking across it.
However, this piece will focus on ensuring that you fertilize your lawn correctly. Below is an easy guide to follow;
- Timing is everything. The best time to feed your grass is in the Spring. The soil temperature will have reached 55 degrees Fahrenheit, and the grass shoots will have begun to grow. So, ensure you don't apply fertilizer on your lawn before spring if you want success. That means the first feeding should around mid to late April.
- Take notice of the numbers. When you buy fertilizer, it comes with three numbers on the label. These numerals indicate the percentage of nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium, which are the primary nutrients that your lawn needs. For instance, a fertilizer with the numerals 20-5-10 is a good mix for spring. It contains 20 percent nitrogen, 5 percent phosphate and 10 percent potassium. The rest of the bag usually includes filler materials that help ensure an even application.
- Use a slow-release fertilizer. When buying any fertilizer, check that it is a slow-release fertilizer or ask the seller before you buy it. Slow-release fertilizers break down their nutrients over a long period. With slow-release fertilizers, your application can be every six to eight weeks. What you should target is getting your lawn as green as possible without growing it fast, so you don't have to mow the grass as often.
- Use granules. Applying the fertilizer uniformly to every part of the lawn is essential but difficult to achieve. But when you use pellets, which are simple to apply using a spreader, you can be sure you will have a uniformly spayed lawn.
- Don’t forget to water. Water your lawn. The only thing you should be careful to do is to find out if you should water the grass before or after applying the fertilizer. The information will be on the fertilizer bag.
- Don’t over apply. Applying fertilizer relative to your lawn is essential. You don't need much, ensure you use just enough fertilizer.
- Sweep up excess fertilizer. If there is excess fertilizer on the ground where you poured it into the spreader, don't leave it to be swept away by rain or wind. Sweep up the granules and keep it out of reach of children and pets.